Good news for Mitrović

Good news for Mitrović

1. December 2013, 23:03

Luka Mitrović underwent a detailed medical examination on his injury sustained during the Saturday's game against Krka and it was said the injury is not so serious then it was first thought.

mitrovic.jpg
Photo: aba
Mitrović will not have to undergo a surgery but will probably rest next three weeks. "I feel good and I have no pain," said Mitrović, who then returned the film to the 17th minute of the game, when the fatal moment happened. "At first I thought my knee collided with another knee, however when I later watched the video it didn't look like this. It is more likely that I somehow landed awkwardly. It was my first experience of something like thisand maybe I even wasn't so much in pain as I was scared of the scene I saw. I didn't know how to react," added Mitrović. "I must stress that I had no surgery in Novo mesto like some media reported. They only put it back to the place under anesthesia," said Mitrović.

-------------------------------------

Luka Mitrović obavio je detaljne lekarske preglede i njegovo stanje je bolje nego što se u prvi mah mislilo. Ono što je najvažnije je činjenica da Mitrović neće morati da bude podvrgnut hirurškoj intervenciji. Naime, Mitrović je na utakmici protiv Krke u Novom Mestu zadobio luksaciju čašice, stavljena mu je longeta i predstoji mu mirovanje u trajanju od tri nedelje, a potom i proces rehabilitacije. S obzirom da se radi o mladom igraču prve pretpostavke su da njegovo odsustvo sa parketa neće biti predugačko.

"Dobro se osećam i nemam bolove," prvi je komentar Mitrovića koji je potom vratio film na 17. minut duela sa Krkom i kobni momenat kada se povredio: "U prvom trenutku sam pomislio da je došlo do sudara koleno o koleno. Ali, kada sam posle gledao snimak ne deluje da se to dogodilo. Više izgleda da sam nekako nezgodno doskočio. Prvi put sam doživeo tako nešto i možda me i nije toliko bolelo koliko sam se verovatno uplašio tog prizora. Nisam znao kako da odreagujerm. Međutim, jako sam zahvalan ljudima iz Novog Mesta, svim doktorima koji su me zbrinuli i svima onima koji su mi omogućili da specijalnim sanitetskim vozilom bezbedno budem prebačen do Beograda – kratko je zastao Mitrović i potom dodao: "Moram da naglasim da u bolnici u Novom Mestu nije bilo nikakve operacije kako su izveštavali pojedini mediji, već mi je koleno pod anestezijom vraćeno na mesto," kaže Mitrović.


News Archive

  • Cedevita agreed with James White

    30. Jul 2015.

    At the position of small forward American James White is the new reinforcement of Cedevita. The player, who has a huge international career behind him, spent the last season with Russian side Unics.

  • Saša Zagorac returned to Ljubljana

    30. Jul 2015.

    The Dragons of Ljubljana have officially announced the signing of a two year contract with 31-year old and 206 cm tall power forward Saša Zagorac, who is returning to Ljubljana from Zlatorog, where he spent last season.

  • Tomas from Cedevita to Turkey

    30. Jul 2015.

    Marko Tomas, one of the most experienced players from the ranks of ABA League vice champion Cedevita and a member of Croatia senior national team, will continue his career in Turkish capital, with TED Kolejliler Ankara.

  • Mahkovic remains Dragon

    30. Jul 2015.

    Blaž Mahkovic, the author of the most attractive play of the 2014/15 ABA League season, will remain a member of Union Olimpija for another season, after the club decided not to exercise its option to terminate their cooperation.

  • Čebular and Parker new reinforcements of Tajfun

    29. Jul 2015.

    Reigning Slovenian national championship winner Tajfun from Šentjur is getting ready for the forthcoming season. Sandi Čebular, who had previously played in the ABA League for Union Olimpija and Helios is returning to club where he started his career and at the same time, Jacob Parker is coming to town.

  • Igokea brings in Krstić and Nastić

    29. Jul 2015.

    Igokea has strengthened its ranks for the forthcoming season by bringing in two strong reinforcements, center Stefan Nastić and shooting guard Nemanja Krstić.

  • Budućnost unites the Šehović brothers

    28. Jul 2015.

    Budućnost VOLI has united the Šehović brothers ahead of the 2015/16 season since after the contract extension of their captain Suad, they have agreed on a one year contract with his younger brother Sead, who arrives from Skopje.

  • Luka Žorić back in ABA League, agreed with Cedevita

    28. Jul 2015.

    The reigning Croatian champions and vice champions of ABA League have agreed on cooperation with Croatia national team player Luka Žorić.

  • Corey Fisher new Cibona point guard

    28. Jul 2015.

    Cibona signed an agreement with a new American point guard Corey Fisher who spent the last season in China with Fujian Quanzhou Bank, after an European experience, previously gained in Russian, Turkish and Spanish leagues.

  • Reynolds goes to Euroleague

    27. Jul 2015.

    One of the key members of Budućnost VOLI from the previous season James Reynolds is leaving ABA League after one season and will continue his career in Poland, with Euroleague side Stelmet Zielona Gora.